1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Civilisation IV on the MBA 11" Ultimate?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sveno, Jan 15, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello,

Now, that Civilisation IV has arrived in the Mac App Store, I'm just wondering if it runs on the MBA 11" Ultimate. Any experiences?

Greetings,
    Sven

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

Considering it's a 5-year old game it should run fine. As with any Civilization game, once your civ gets really big it's going to lag on any machine.

3. macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Advice : buy from Steam, it's cheaper. Wait for sales, I got the complete collection (base game + 2 expansions + Colonization for both Windows/Mac, installable on more than 5 computers) for 6.24$ USD over the holidays. Sure beats the 29.99$ price for just Colonization on the Mac App Store.

It runs like a charm on my 13", even at 2048x1156 (my external monitor's native res).

4. macrumors member

I can run both Civ IV and Civ V on the MBA 1.4Ghz/4GB. Haven't tried them on the OSX partition, but in Windows 7, they both work fine.

5. macrumors 6502a

Question for you. How long did you play Civ 5. Lower-end computers can handle it but as soon as you hit 100 turns the CPU lag gets worse and worse.

6. macrumors 6502

What about call of duty 4? Would the 13" actually run that game and run multiplayer? its also on the app store.

7. macrumors member

I'm gonna be posting some videos tomorrow. You can see for yourself.