Civilization 3 Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Falleron, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Ok, I am playing Civilization 3 + have built my spacecraft. However, I forgot to lauch it + not I cant find out where I lauch it! The little square block at the bottom right that says "view spaceship" does not do anythiing! Is this a bug? If not, how do I lauch my spacecraft (it has all components already built).

Thanks

2. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

3. cubist macrumors 68020

Yes, you have to view the spacecraft.

There is a button which says "launch" when you view the spacecraft.

Try clicking it and waiting a long time, and/or clicking it twice slowly (like the main menu buttons). Also, there may be a menu selection to view it, from the menus at top left.

I haven't yet launched a spacecraft in CivIII. I've gotten close... In CivII I've done it four or five times.

I'm very disappointed with CivIII; it's loaded with bugs, and locks up from time to time. I really liked CivII; CivIII is harder, and all the "fun stuff" has been taken out (all the videos, for example).

You have downloaded the patch file, right? It improves the Advisor response time from glacial to merely painfully slow.

4. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

Re: Yes, you have to view the spacecraft.

I have the latest patch I think (1.21g). How do I get to the screen with the button that says launch?? I accidently quit out of that screen without launching it last time. Civ 3 seems to be quite stable for me (a little slow though).

5. job macrumors 68040

job

Off topic question:

I'm interested in purchasing Civ3 for Christmas.

My specs are:

*400Mhz
    *320MB RAM
    *8 MB ATi

I know that it runs slow under X, but how slow are we talking about here?

Would it be a worthwhile purchase?

6. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

To be honest I am not sure. The specs for the game are:

* MacOS 8.6 or higher or MacOS 10.0.4 or higher
    * 300MHz iMac G3 or better (500MHz preferred)
    * 128Mb RAM
    * 500MB Hard disk space (650MB preferred)

I have a Dual 1Ghz + some of the screens lag wayyyyy too much (in OSX)! I testing the game in OS9 + it is so much smoother. It sounds like you would be fine in OS9, but, you may be struggling in OSX. See what other people say, I'm not too sure.

On the problems I am having, how do I get to the screen with all the spaceship components + the lauch button??? What is the shortcut? Anyone?

7. jMc macrumors 6502

jMc

I'm running CivIII on a 600Mhz CRT iMac, 384 ram and it runs in a completely playable state - one thing you must do to get reasonable performance out of it is turn off Quartz rendering of text in the settings pop up when the game boots - it'll speed the game up no end...

Oh, and when I say 'playable' that it is - but it has to be the hardest game I've ever played (and I was a master of CivII). I'm lucky to have left the stone age by the time my rivals are driving Porsches and eating microwave meals for one...

jx

8. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

Do you know how to get to the spaceship screen?? I need to be able to launch my spaceship.

9. jMc macrumors 6502

jMc

Well, I've never got that far, but according to the manual, which I'm sure you have, you 'can open this screen from the Game menu or by hitting [F10]'. That may be a good place to start...

10. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

I read that, but when I press F10 no screen appears! There is a background noise like a page being turned but no screen appears! This is why in my original post I wondered if it could be a bug.

11. jMc macrumors 6502

jMc

Sorry I can't be of more help Falleron - I suggest you try posting at the troubleshooting section of the IMG forum (www.insidemacgames.com) as those guys are more likely to be able to help...
    jx

12. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

The computer is a really annoying (putting it nicely). Anyway, I was playing last night + the computer decided to declare war on me for no reason! I lost about 4 cities even though they had about 10 Mechanical Infantries in each! When they declared war on me my whole civilization went into Anarchy!!! However, I had a back up plan where I had about 20 ICBM's waiting to be lauched incase of attack!! They launched about 10 at me, but only 5 hit due to my missle defense system. However, all 20 of mine hit! Slowly I am now getting the upper hand, I have taken about 10 cities so far + they keep wanting to make peace! What a suprise!

One problem, MAJOR Pollution problems!!!!!! Thanks for your help jMc anyway.

13. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

Re: Civilization 3 Problem

It's not a problem... some of the crews on the spacecraft are mutinous... you must rule them with your iron fist....

;)