Civilization 3 UB Patch (Not the Civ 3 Complete version)

Discussion in 'Games' started by AnthonyKinyon, Aug 30, 2006.

1. AnthonyKinyon macrumors regular

Apr 4, 2006
    Just wondering, does anyone know if MacSoft will release a UB for Civ 3 (not Civ 3: Complete by Aspyr)? Somehow I don't get that impression but it would be nice for those of us who don't have the "Complete" re-release.
  2. AnthonyKinyon thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 4, 2006
    MacSoft rejects UB for Civ3 (not the Civ3 Complete)

I am increasingly dissatisfied with MacSoft Games. I asked their tech support if a universal Civ3 will be released (after about 15 minutes of digging for a contact e-mail address on their support pages). I get back this rather snide e-mail that says the PowerPC version of Civ3 (not Civ3 Complete) runs slowly on Intel Macs due to bugs and flaws in Rosetta. I disagree with these comments. MacSoft has no plans to issue a universal binary patch, etc.

Aspyr is getting most, if not all, of my Mac video game money going forward. They are a lot more polite and customer-oriented. The only universal game I think that I've seen MacSoft release/update is Halo and that was long overdue. What's their problem? :) Just a bad support guy who happened to respond to my e-mail maybe.

Oh well. Just thought I'd share.

P.S. For those that don't know, Civ3 for Mac was released by MacSoft, then later re-released as Civ 3 Complete by Aspyr.