Civilization 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Feb 20, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

I heard this game was just announced for mac, and if you have played it for pc, is there full scale epic battles like rome total war? or is it more of building the civilization the more tactical way?

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Neither, no full scale epic battles or building civilizaion tactically. You build your civilization strategically.

3. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

Now, that's a game that needs to be released for the Mac

4. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

are there any real time strategy games for mac with epic fullscale battles? but realistic, not like warcraft or anything, like ancient civilizations, and the game is pretty new?

5. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

im pretty sure the most recent one is Rise of nation Gold. http://www.macsoftgames.com/products/ron/ IMO is a pretty good game, it look like Age of Empire but it scale much more(rock age to now)

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Imperial Glory looks like the most Rome: Total War-like game that's coming out on the mac soon. IMG recently did a Preview.

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Legion Arena? Not sure how soon though.

--Eric

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Oh yeah, Legion Arena's probably closer to matching R:TW than Imperial Glory. Apparently it just hit alpha. On track for this spring.

9. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

My nephew has purchased this game for his Dad's pc. He has wasted many hours playing it. We both wasted many hours playing III on our Macs. I can't wait for this game.:D