Claiming educational discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Hobbit, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Hobbit macrumors member

Jun 24, 2005
    Hello everyone,

I received my new ibook and ipod mini last week. I downloaded the £100 rebate form from the internet. Apparently i have to cut UPC labels (including all cardboard layers) from my white ibook and ipod boxes. Is that really true?!! I'd like to hear from those who claimed their rebate...did you all have to cut your boxes or was it enough to supply the part and serial numbers? also how long did it take before receiving your check?

Thank you.
  2. Mord macrumors G4

Aug 24, 2003
    i cut the box on my ASD and G4 cube for the 250 quid rebate that was going at the time.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Welcome to Apple and Macrumors.

Yes, Apple expects the you cut out the label along with the cardboard underneath. An attempt to prevent fraud. I will admit that personally I hate to destroy the box, but one has to do what one is expected.

I would expect that it will take about 4 - 6 weeks.
  4. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    On the rebate form it actually says to cut off the UPC and then says not just the sticker. So you have to take off everything :(
  5. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2005
    don't you dare do otherwise

Couldn't agree more! Follow the instructions to the dot! Otherwise your rebate form would be at a very high risk of getting rejected.

I don't know how long it would take in the UK, but in the US the Apple rebate processing seems to be really fast (compared to many other companies that say 8 weeks and make it 12). I saw one educational rebate processed in 4 weeks, which is phenomenal in the US!
  6. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Mar 18, 2005
    Yea, I hate having to cut the box to, but you its definitely worth it!