Claiming VAT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UG.Frontera, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm off to the mainland UK next week and plan on getting me a iphone 5 32GB on my travels. I live where I don't pay VAT and was wondering if anyone else has claimed VAT back on an iPhone purchase and what they did to get it back.

Any help would be great!

Regards

2. macrumors 6502

Good luck with that - I'm guessing you are in the Channel Islands? I've been trying to find a way for some time but I believe its impossible from Apple directly - I use a reseller in the UK that will supply to me deducting VAT but their stock is always behind Apple.. (Still waiting for an iPhone 5..)

3. macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

4. macrumors newbie

For anyone trying to get tax back on a US purchased iPhone. Apple is of no help directly, you need to go through the individual state you purchased it from. The process is lengthy and rarely worth the effort. It's unfortunate that Apple does not have an a tax exclusion program for individuals.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah Im in the Channel Islands. I called the store that I will be buying it from and they said I will have to claim it from the airport when I leave the country. The store will provide me with the paper work needed also.