clamav account name created when upgraded to tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by biohazard6969, May 5, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, so the other day i installed tiger on my 12" powerbook G4. everything went fine. i restarted. but when i came to the login screeen it showed a new account called "clamav" i disregarded it and logged into my account, then promptly checked the accounts preff pane, and it didn't show up. when i turned on the PB the next morning the account was still there. so i tried to login, ended up creating a password by entering the master. i logged in and it said that the home folder was missing or something like that. and it still didn't show up as an account in the accounts pane. it is still there in the login window and also appears in the fast user switching menu.

i don't think it has been causing a problem. although i get a TON of beachballs and unexpected quits and maxed out cpu and ram. but i feel that is normal for tiger, this is the first release and there have been no updates....or at least i hope it won't stay like this, its quite frustrating

thanks for the help

Attached Files:

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

clamav is a newly installed user as of Tiger.

Here is the requisite info from NetInfo Manager.

3. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You should compare your version of the clamav user with the one I listed above. If they differ, you should be wary. Did you originally create a user named clamav, or is this the one that is Apple installed?

5. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

no, this is one that just appeared after i installed tiger. heres screenshot

lemme know if this is bad.

Attached Files:

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

This is an odd problem that has been appearing more and more on the various Forums I haunt.. Did you do an Archive & Install, or an Upgrade?