Clamshell battery question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by latergator116, Nov 11, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

latergator116

Hi, I have an iBook Clamshell battery that I haven't used in about a year old. I know it doesn't have a charge anymore, but if I charge it up do you think it will stay charged or do you think it will have died since it hasn't been used in so long

2. macrumors member

No sweat

I have an clamshell as well wich i bought 3 and half year ago. I used the battery the first half year. But for the next two and a half year I didn't use it.

Two months ago i started using the battery again and it works like a charm. I guess it last approx. 3-4 hours working in Word.:)

3. Wes
    macrumors 68020

Wes

My clamshell battery stopped working. If you unplugged the battery, the computer turned off. Apple charged me £140 for a new battery.

4. macrumors 6502

it won't hurt to try it out, probably wont hold much of a charge though after that long of a time

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

latergator116

Thanks guys. the reason why I wanted to know is becasue I wanted to sell it on eBay, and the computer from which it cam from is broken. It sounds like there is a 50/50 chance that it will work so I probably won't sell it.

6. macrumors 68000

Spock

Do you still have the broken iBook?? I could take it of your hands for free

7. macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Me too.