Clamshell iBook mod ideas? ANYONE?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Moofman, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Moofman macrumors newbie

Hey all:

I just registered here, so cut me some slack if I mess up on form. I'm as crazy of a mac addict as all of you! Ok, here's the question for discussion. I have a 466 graphite iBook, and I've been crusing around the web looking at mod sites (the most notable of which is Apple Fritter. Wherever I look, though, I can' find ideas to mod or edit the clamshell iBook! Have other owners of this awsome, yet slightly outdated machine had trouble or sucess finding ways to mess around with their ibook? Is it possible to strip the pain and make it clear, or, put lights inside? Any other ideas? Ok, thanks for all your imput.

Moof - man

2. AnotherMortal macrumors regular

clamshell iBook disassembly

I've repaired a few of them, and they aren't the most enjoyable to disassembly. Especially if you are replacing the HDD, but I have seen people do what you're suggesting with the newer iBooks (stripping the paint) and that is doable. The LCD does separate. I would take extra care though, when taking it apart, and keeping track of where every screw goes (there are alot).

3. Moofman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Any ideas on what I could do, once I had the LCD seperated? I could add a light to the back, so that the apple on the back would glow.......maybe.........but you do you have any idea where those wires would connect to inside the computer? Anyone? Ok, thanks.

moofman