Clamshell Lockout

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BigRed3373, Feb 17, 2007.

1. BigRed3373 macrumors member

Feb 2, 2007

I just got a nice indigo clamshell 366mhz 320 ram and 10 gb drive however i am locked out from previous owner i bought on ebay it wont load until i enter a name and password any ideas how to by pass this i dont think he realized it i wrote him but no response yet so if i can the way to bypass i can go ahead with the new name and such Thanks and i wasnt sure were to post this
  2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

Nov 23, 2006
    UK, Scotland, Glasgow
    If you have the install disk you can
    1. Start up from a Mac OS X Install CD (one whose version is closest the the version of Mac OS X installed). You should first disable Open Firmware password protection, if it is enabled. Hold the C key as the computer starts.

2. Choose Reset Password from the Installer menu (or Utilities menu in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger). Tip: If you don't see this menu or menu choice, you're probably not started from the CD yet.

3. Select your Mac OS X hard disk volume.

4. set the user name of your original administrator account.
    Important: Do not select "System Administrator (root)". This is actually a reference to the root user. Do not confuse it with a normal administrator account.

5. Enter a new password.

6. Click Save.

3. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

Feb 2, 2007
  4. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

Feb 2, 2007
    okay got the password and user name know will i be able to change them when i get into the system Thank you