Clamshell Lockout

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BigRed3373, Feb 17, 2007.

1. BigRed3373 macrumors member

hello

I just got a nice indigo clamshell 366mhz 320 ram and 10 gb drive however i am locked out from previous owner i bought on ebay it wont load until i enter a name and password any ideas how to by pass this i dont think he realized it i wrote him but no response yet so if i can the way to bypass i can go ahead with the new name and such Thanks and i wasnt sure were to post this

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

If you have the install disk you can
    1. Start up from a Mac OS X Install CD (one whose version is closest the the version of Mac OS X installed). You should first disable Open Firmware password protection, if it is enabled. Hold the C key as the computer starts.

2. Choose Reset Password from the Installer menu (or Utilities menu in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger). Tip: If you don't see this menu or menu choice, you're probably not started from the CD yet.

3. Select your Mac OS X hard disk volume.

4. set the user name of your original administrator account.
    Important: Do not select "System Administrator (root)". This is actually a reference to the root user. Do not confuse it with a normal administrator account.

5. Enter a new password.

6. Click Save.

link.

3. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

4. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

okay got the password and user name know will i be able to change them when i get into the system Thank you

Red:D