Clamshell Questions PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kalinatek, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Kalinatek macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2005
    I just got a 300mhz iBook Clamshell (Tangerine) with 288MB Ram,3GB HD,CD..etc and i have a few questions guys!

1-Which Airport Card should i get ? the original or Apple airport card? of course its not the extreme?

2-Is there a way to display a res higher than 800x600? am running 10.3.9

3-The seller told me that the battery is dead (its shows 0% on the screen) is there a way to test/fix it? before i get rid of it?

4-Is there a way to get a better video card?

5-Is there a way to get an internal dvd burner?

6-I Have 10.3 installed and also OS 9 how can i delete the older OS 9 ? (so i can have more free space on my lil 3GB HD!)

any more tips or info would be great,thanks.

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2006
    You need the Airport card. They are not cheap. You might be able to use a USB dongle though instead.

Not with the internal LCD.

Short answer - no.

Long answer - noooooooooooooooooooo.
  3. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2005
  4. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Feb 4, 2007
    CANADA? eh?
  5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2006
    I think you can just delete the System Folder and suchlike from your drive. I installed OS9 on my PowerBook by just dragging the entire folder over from my old iMac.
  6. jamdr macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    Ok, if I were you I wouldn't run OS X on that thing because of the screen size and amount of memory. How could you possibly do anything with a 800x600 resolution? Also, if you stick to running OS 9 you can probably get away with a 3GB hard drive (unless you have a lot of music or something) but if you use OS X you will almost certainly want to upgrade that.

You should also probably do a clean install of the operating system so you can start fresh. Again, I'd highly recommend sticking with OS 9.