Clamshell Questions PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kalinatek, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Kalinatek macrumors regular

I just got a 300mhz iBook Clamshell (Tangerine) with 288MB Ram,3GB HD,CD..etc and i have a few questions guys!

1-Which Airport Card should i get ? the original or Apple airport card? of course its not the extreme?

2-Is there a way to display a res higher than 800x600? am running 10.3.9

3-The seller told me that the battery is dead (its shows 0% on the screen) is there a way to test/fix it? before i get rid of it?

4-Is there a way to get a better video card?

5-Is there a way to get an internal dvd burner?

6-I Have 10.3 installed and also OS 9 how can i delete the older OS 9 ? (so i can have more free space on my lil 3GB HD!)

any more tips or info would be great,thanks.

:apple:

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

You need the Airport card. They are not cheap. You might be able to use a USB dongle though instead.

Not with the internal LCD.

Short answer - no.

Long answer - noooooooooooooooooooo.

3. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

4. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I think you can just delete the System Folder and suchlike from your drive. I installed OS9 on my PowerBook by just dragging the entire folder over from my old iMac.

6. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Ok, if I were you I wouldn't run OS X on that thing because of the screen size and amount of memory. How could you possibly do anything with a 800x600 resolution? Also, if you stick to running OS 9 you can probably get away with a 3GB hard drive (unless you have a lot of music or something) but if you use OS X you will almost certainly want to upgrade that.

You should also probably do a clean install of the operating system so you can start fresh. Again, I'd highly recommend sticking with OS 9.