Clamshell to PB power supply

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Noiseboy, May 21, 2005.

1. Noiseboy macrumors regular

I've left my power supply for my PB 17" 1.33GHz in another country so it will take a moment or two to get back. Does anyone know if it's possible to use the flying saucer shaped adapter from my old clamshell iBook until I get the real one back?
    Cheers.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife has used the power supply cord interchangeably between the iBook and PowerBook. It seems to be a stock item for both.

3. Noiseboy thread starter macrumors regular

No Luck.

Thanks for that WD, I dug out the old power supply but the connector is too big to fit into the PB socket, it may have changed when the White iBooks came out. In the meantime I have a car charger and have to keep going out for a drive to power up. :eek:

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble. Hope that you will be able to get a new power cord soon.

5. Noiseboy thread starter macrumors regular

Thats kind of you WD, I appreciate it. Hopefully Messers Fed and Ex will be taking care of business and winging my original back home to me.
    I do think I will get a second one just to leave at home and then really I shouldn't get stuck again.

Cheers.
    Glynn.

6. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I'd like to get another power adapter for my PowerBook but Apple's are pretty expensive. Aren't they around $70? Are there other companies out there that make power adapters for new PowerBooks/iBooks? I had one for my old Pismo but I can't remember who made it.

7. Noiseboy thread starter macrumors regular

Apples own psu's are pricey, I just got a new one so I'd have a spare when my original comes home and it was $99 from my local computer shop. However, you can get them cheaper especially if you are prepared to wait. I just checked Other World Computing and they have a bunch of them for sale. Here is the link to the best of the lot (I think) and it's only $50 but they have a 34 day waiting time for it.