Clanking on the right side of my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AlexGFX88, Apr 2, 2007.

1. AlexGFX88 macrumors member

I hear some weird clanking noises coming from the right side of my MBP ... It started last night when I picked it up, it sounded like something was moving around in there, but it only lasted a couple of seconds, and then stopped. Now, every few minutes I hear a slight clank of things hitting it seams ... Any idea what this could be?

I've pretty much baby'd the machine since I got it, so it hasn't been abused.

Cheers,
    Alex

2. island macrumors 6502

island

3. AlexGFX88 thread starter macrumors member

I don't have AppleCare, but I bought it in Jan, so it's covered under the one year limited warrenty.

I called support and they told me it's normal? WTF? Clanking is normal? o_O Maybe I got a shady support agent.

Cheers,
    Alex

4. D34th macrumors regular

My roomate had the same thing on his MacBook (sorry not MBP). Eventually he couldn't get past the grey Apple screen when he turned it on and this forced him to bring it to the nearest Apple store where they replaced the Logic board. However, it had been clanking before he was unable to start. The same thing might happen to you, and it might not, but it wouldn't hurt to just bring it in, especially because it's still under warranty...

A little off topic: island, I see you are from Norwalk, me too man...pretty interesting.