Clark and the Conservative Spin Machine

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

It appears that Wesley Clark has a few Republican spinners working overtime. Read the following account of a phone call Clark received about Saddam and 9/11 and how the Republicans are trying to spin it.

The story is at:

link

It looks like Rove is trying the same tactics he used on Gore; sieze on any statement that can in anyway be characterized as false and use it to paint your opponent as a liar. It's already getting dirty folks!

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

rove would do anything to keep power. anything.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Didn't Wesley Clark invent the Internet?

I heard that somewhere...

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

No, he got a BJ in a tank and got some "material" on a blue dress.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

don't you mean "matériel?" :)

6. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

It's possible with a little editing that the right honorable Rev. Falwell could have Clark running drugs and murdering Vince Foster. I'm sure he must have a lot of his video tapes laying around that he could still make a buck on.

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

8. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Here is an update by the same source on the continuing story of conservative spin. Now Michael Moore has got into spreading the same false information with a liberal spin.

link

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

on the topic of conservative media

kinda on topic

i got to see first-hand a broadcast of sean hannity the other day. he was broadcasting from our main auditorium at school. the place was filled with a cheering crowd (i'm in texas at school).

anyways, he managed to get ted kennedy on the phone. he said "senator kennedy, i wanna ask you one question. when you spoke on the senate floor last week you called president bush a liar, and i find that despicable."

see any question there?

to which kennedy responded, "president bush *is* a liar, he said there were weapons of mass destruction in iraq and we knew where they were and there are none and we haven't found any"

about halfway through his answer the crowd booed fervently and hannity proceeded ask him the same "question".

after kennedy realized he was getting nowhere, he bugged out. hannity totally had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. he said, "ladies and gentlemen, ted kennedy, for the first and last time ever on the sean hannity show."

:crowd cheers:

"and here's our next caller..."
    "hello, sean. why didn't you ask the senator where he parked his oldsmobile?" (reffering to his drunk driving incident)

:crowd cheers: (this is the same crowd that white-washes bush's drunk driving escapades)

"and now it's time for a commercial..."

hannity and the talk show host he was with had managed to insult ted kennedy and make him look like a fool, while proving absolutely nothing and in fact, being caught in their own lie. i was totally amazed. they were too, because they grinned real big and shook hands. it couldn't have come off any better if they had planned it.

when they came back on the air they said , "you know, i think maybe the conservatives in this country should think about taking off the gloves. we should get a media personality who's willing to lower themselves to the levels of the liberal media and beat them at their own game of lies and deception."

i left at that point before i was thrown out for yelling "hypocrite!" at the top of my lungs. and then being lynched by the mindless mob in the theater.

it's funny, hannity refers to these shows as his "hannitizing" of america. i think he must be laughing his ass off that he's hannitizing-->sannitizing-->brain washing the people, and they eat it up.

just a first hand account of how the conservative media is evil.

here's a link to the kennedy phone call.

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Clark's biggest problem will not be the "evil conservative media" but the rival Democrats running for the nomination. As soon as Clark pulls ahead in the polls he will come under fire from the seven career politicians desperate to seize power. It is probable that the "evil conservatives" could kick back and watch the Democrat candidates tear each-other to shreds if they wanted to.

11. vniow macrumors G4

Re: on the topic of conservative media

You rock.

Pity you don't have the audio to that anywhere...

12. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

The scenario you describe is already happening and not only to Clark. Dean has experience the sharp barbs of his fellow Democrats as well. That is all to be expected and in the end it won't make a lot of difference. What can is if the Republicans get a free ride in painting a picture of their rivals.

And it is not the "evil conservative media" that is at fault for the above story. It is the Rove orchestrated campaign using conservative pundits and talking heads. There is a difference between the two. Unfortunately, too many legitimate correspondents of whatever political background are too lazy to check their facts and just repeat the latest spin.

13. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Ah ha! So you admit that there IS an evil conservative media! :eek: ;)

And if the "legitimate" correspondents are so lazy they don't check the facts before they report them, can't we lump them under "evil" too? Just this once?

Besides, isn't it considered bad form to report third-hand info? "USA Today reported on a story broadcast on CNN yesterday that my brother told me about that Al Gore said that he invented the internet." Doesn't anyone think to ask Al Gore, or the reporter who conducted the original interview?

As for Clark, (what's this? on topic? huh?), i think he needs to be just as loud as his detractors at pointing out what he really said, and carry a copy of the aritcle around with him, and provide http links, and possibly an audio recording as well. You know, physical evidence to shut down the liars with. Merely telling them they're wrong and why doesn't work. You've got to beat them over the head with it, preferably to unconciousness.

14. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

LOL, Thanatoast, I love the last paragraph. You should frame it and send it to Clark.