Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I'd like to use my Mac LCIII as a web server for a tiny page...

any ideas on how i can do this?

I know i posted this question in apple collectors but i think its better suited and positioned for a response here.

please delete the other thread.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
oldschool said:
I'd like to use my Mac LCIII as a web server for a tiny page...

any ideas on how i can do this?

I know i posted this question in apple collectors but i think its better suited and positioned for a response here.

please delete the other thread.
I recommend maxing-out the OS to MacOS 7.6.1. Max-out the RAM to 36 MB. You will need an Ethernet card in the PDS slot. You have a choice of web servers. You may use Personal Web Sharing that is built-in the OS. You may also use one of any number of freeware, shareware, or commercial webserver that run on System 7.x. I recommend MacHTTP. It requires System 7.5 and 4 MB RAM. MacHTTP is the basis of 4D WebSTAR, the U. S. Army's favorite web server.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
MisterMe said:
I recommend maxing-out the OS to MacOS 7.6.1. Max-out the RAM to 36 MB. You will need an Ethernet card in the PDS slot. You have a choice of web servers. You may use Personal Web Sharing that is built-in the OS. You may also use one of any number of freeware, shareware, or commercial webserver that run on System 7.x. I recommend MacHTTP. It requires System 7.5 and 4 MB RAM. MacHTTP is the basis of 4D WebSTAR, the U. S. Army's favorite web server.

thanks mister you.

i'm going to do just that. i love the LC and want to put it to good use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.