Plugged in my 30GB black iPod classic this morning. The battery is pretty much shot (I got in in June, 2006), so it said low battery, please wait. The circle was spinning so I just left it and got coffee, breakfast, whole 9. I come back after about 10 minutes smelled something burning, I looked down and its still got the same screen with the spinning circle. I unplugged it and reset and it came on, but I noticed between the "MENU" and |<<, just off the click wheel on the plastic face, there is a circular object that seemed to be trying to make its way out. The plastic was melting around it. Also, it has been unplugged and off for about an hour and its still warm. Don't have AppleCare or anything, 3+ years out, should I even bother going to the Apple Store? I was considering a refurbished Classic model, but I see there on none in the Apple Store. I know there's probably new hardware coming in a month or two. Suggestions? Thoughts?