Classic Mac Game Emulator?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ~Shard~, Jun 2, 2004.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I was just wondering if there is an emulator program out there for classic Mac games. On my PC I have every single NES and SNES ROM, along with a lot of arcade games I play using MAME, but I was thinking about all the classic games I used to play on my old Apple machines and was wondering if there was an emulator for them. Anyone know of anything?

I realize some of the old games were originally PC games ported to Apple, so I could probably find a PC DOS emulator of some sort a lot easier, but there would be something cool about playing my old Apple //e and Mac SE/30 games on my nice new Mac. :cool:

2. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

He is right and it is pretty good on my setup. You can even have the monochrome screen and simulated spinning drive noise

3. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Ah, very cool, I'll definitetly grab it! So whereabouts do I find the games for it? I'll be looking for some of my favorites like AutoDuel, Ultima II-IV, and my all-time favorites - Starflight and Wasteland! :cool:

4. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

You say you have every single NES and SNES rom, although some games were only in testing stages at nintendo and then they got canned. But yes, OSXII is good.

5. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

www.emulation.net can point you in the right direction

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

7. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Well, I can't speak to the canned ones I suppose, but anything released I have I'm pretty sure. :cool: