Classic mode and gaming..

Discussion in 'Games' started by socamx, Jan 2, 2005.

1. socamx macrumors 6502

Alright, I have a couple games that will only run in OS 9.. So if I really, really want to play them, I load up classic mode. Now.. normally this wouldn't be any big deal.. but I've noticed something. There is a terrible audio 'lag' in classic.

For example: In Deus Ex (One of the best FPS games ever IMO.).. if I press fire, the gun sound isn't instant, there is almost a 1 second delay.

Is there anything that I can do to lower the audio lag in classic games in classic mode? As far as I can remember.. I've never noticed this lag in audio before in OS X classic mode. I think one of the OS X updates changed something but I dunno which one.

And its not the computer, my iBook and G5 both have it, and the delay is exactly the same on each computer.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

Ah yes, Deus Ex. From my understanding, you really need to use an OS 9 capable machine. Classic just won't cut it.

Classic is something I think Apple should really improve. You'd think Apple would know how to make the best MacOS emulator, but in reality, it really isn't that great. But, Apple seems too busy trying to go forward with OS X, so I think Classic isn't going to see much improvement anymore :(

3. t0ast macrumors member

Some games, I.E. Driver won't even start in Classic.

Any idea why?

4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Just a note in passing...
    Deus Ex runs just fine on my G5 1.6 in classic... Only complaint is that it doesn't go higher than 1024x768...