Classic on Micro-Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TiGeuse, Jul 10, 2002.

1. TiGeuse macrumors newbie

i have ti 667 with blown f/w port. i don't have os 9 on my 30gb internal hd, only x. i can no longer use my firefly. i did use ipod a couple time to boot into classic from a slim version of 9 i put on there. it worked, but i figure it would probably break my ipod, so that's a no, no. but, i do have access to a 1gb microdrive and pc card adapter. would that work as a boot volume for classic environment, sustain rate and such? ...i guess, i have to back up the Ti drive and stick 9 on there, update it, load x, etc. i would carboncopy the thing but now i can only back up to discs. i could wipe out my ipod and put it all on there but i have 10gb of mp3 on my Ti internal alone. I'm HOSED!!!!!

2. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

You could pay compusa to do a data transfer from your Ti harddrive to your firefly. I think it's 50 bucks, and they will take out your Ti hd, and transfer everything to the firefly hd.

-Pete

3. TiGeuse thread starter macrumors newbie

i might just pick up one of these refurbed 500cd ibooks for 700 dollars or whatever it is. just airport the stuff or either it over to there, etc. thanks for the feedbag!! winnee, i mean feed back. i wonder if a usb hd enclosure is really to slow??

4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

hmmm i thought you couldn't do software base stations any more in OS X?

5. TiGeuse thread starter macrumors newbie

computer to computer net. kinda slow, but works. i was running my old wallstreet as the software base for my cable modem before i sold it to the pbzone guy! ...that was in 9 though. come on jag, have swbs!