Classic support in Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Soulstorm, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I have purchased Tiger. And I see not classic support! Did apple drop Classic support under Tiger? Is there any way to bring it back?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You can re-install Classic from the Software Restore disks thet came with your Mac (even if the system is Panther). Start the Restore install, and when asked what to install/restore, just uncheck all but Classic Support.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

To solve the problem for those who have yet to install tiger, does this mean one can do a custom install, and check classic support, so one doesn't have to go through the process twice?

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My Classic Support was broken on Panther. I re-installed it after doing an Archive and Install to Tiger. I'm not quite sure, but I think that if you Upgrade or Archive and Install from Panther (with Classic Support installed) to Tiger, then Classic will still be working (but the Classic System Preference might be hidden until you've run a Classic app for the first time). If you do a Tiger Clean Install you have to reinstall Classic Support, for sure.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The Classic system preference pane is hidden until you run your first Classic application. Other posters have covered how to install Classic.