Classy Case for 60GB 5G iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jesuscandle, Feb 2, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hello, Peanut Gallery!

I'm looking for a classy, probably leather, case for my black 60GB 5G ipod and haven't had much luck. Any suggestions?

I like, but don't love, the "Classic" line from Vaja, but they aren't selling them right now due to "materials shortages"?

My wishlist:

- "Classy" - something professional looking, probably leather. definitely not one of the "sporty" cases.

- Colorful. Black would be fine, but it might be nice to have an accent color.

- I don't love the "flip" style that seems to be all the rage. The Vaja's all have this, so it's fine, but it seems a little silly.

- Further, I don't love to have cutouts in my case to see the controls. I think that just looks awful. Again, the Vaja's all have this, but they're usually covered up by the "flip"

I was always a fan of the stock black case that came with the 3G and 4G ipods. What I'd really like is something a step or two above that. Help?

thanks so much
  2. Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Sep 6, 2003
    so you mention the flip cases that vaja has, but have you considered their i-vod case that has no flip? i just got one for my 60gb 5g and really like it...

otherwise, kesarai ( make cases that look a lot like the i-vod but for a much more reasonable price.

and i'd suggest since they have tons of reviews, including one on the kesari case i just mentioned.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2003
    Boston, MA
    those case-ari's aren't half bad.

Although I don't really like how the cutouts look... Any other contenders?
  4. macrumors 6502a

Dec 22, 2004
    Huber Heights, OH

id first coat your ipod with an invisible shield before you put it in anything.