Clean install of Leapord?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hookflash, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Hookflash macrumors newbie

If I buy an iMac now, and then upgrade to Leapord when it's released, will I be able to do a clean install of Leapord?

2. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Yes, you can.

3. Hookflash thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it might've been like Windows upgrades, where you have to (afaik) install over top of the older Windows installation. I could be wrong about that, though...

Cool, thanks. :)

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Mac OS isn't Windows :)

Having said that, I believe that the upgrade version of Leopard (which will likely be free + delivery and only for people who buy Tiger after Leopard is announced) will most likely require Tiger to already be installed. However, you will almost certainly be getting the retail version.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Leapord?

It's Leopard (lepp-ard).

And yes, doing a full, clean, nothing else on the system install of Leopard is definitely possible with the retail version of the 10.5 disc.

7. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I have no idea how it got into my head like this but I cannot seem to stop saying Leo-pard :confused:
    Then I go into the apple store, strike up a convo with someone there and ruin what little social life I gathered up with this total stranger by repeatedly calling it "leo pard" :(

8. TonicAngel macrumors regular

:D That is too funny. I guess I could see someone thinking that was how it is pronounced, but when I see it I think of the animal. Of course now when I see it I think Leo-pard. :p To me, it reminds me of french class when its spelled that way. Actually it reminds me of that god-awful Meg Ryan movie with Hugh Jackman and his name was Leopold. :rolleyes:

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Of course it will be possible, but it will also be unnecessary.

10. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

One a side note: Is this the only forum good/weird enough to require correct spelling?

Only a few high posting members (read : clevin :) ) use quick text-like spelling such as 'u' as a replacement for 'you'.

I am constantly amazed when I visit other forums for varying reasons and find incorrect grammar and spelling, even though I spent a long time being amazed by the etiquette in this forum.

Just my two cents (wait...I'm English, so its my two pence...oh well, you know what I mean...)

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It isn't mandatory, but some of our forum regulars have major bad grammar and spelling pet peeves. I have worked to suppress mine to the point where I'm convinced that it doesn't show.

But come on guys, don't you know that Safari can check spelling as you type? Oops! ;)