Clean iTunes directory

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by redneon, Sep 13, 2006.

1. redneon macrumors member

I recently migrated from PC to Mac and have imported my music library into iTunes. During this process I had to rename lots of files and provide details for loads of albums which didn't have them. Needless to say, this took a long time.

Now however, I have a lot of crap in my iTunes Music folder that I don't need and iTunes doesn't use. Things like .nfo files (yeah, I know) album covers and directories which don't contain anything.

What I want to know is, is there a way I can get rid of everything in my iTunes Music directory that I don't need?

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Looks like you're gonna have to go through and manually take em out...NFO...lol...

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

This can be resolved pretty easily.

The music folder only needs music files (mp3's, AAC, etc.). So open your music folder and hit Find (Command-F) and set the search for 'Kind' and select the drop down menu to 'Other' and then type in the file extension you are looking for i.e. .nfo (whatever that is) or .jpg or whatever else. And the search will scan every folder for these files and give you the results. You can then select them all and drag them to the trash. Boom! All Clean.