Cleaned up Home Page

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dpaanlka, Jan 13, 2007.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Just worked a little to clean up my home page at http://www.system7today.com/

Anyone thats been there recently might recall a very long and rather messy home page. My main problem is, visitors seem to think the entire site is only the forums, when in reality the forums are intended to simply supplement the content on the rest of the site. So I want to try and indicate to people that there is stuff to see other than the forums. But if I don't have a big "forums" button on the center of the page, registered forum members seem to think it's less efficient. It's like a catch-22.

Before anyone unfamiliar with it (impossible!) says anything - it is supposed to be retro.

2. chepistolas macrumors member

chepistolas

I am still a noob, but if you make a navigation bar towards the top it would bring someone's eye to that menu instead of seeing "Jump to forums". Or you could just switch the two black bars. The bottom toward the top, the top one to the bottom, you get the pt.

Cheers.

3. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Wow, nice facelift :)

I agree completely. Put that navigation bar at the top and lots more people will see those links

4. adom macrumors 6502

You'll have to change the copyright disclaimer to Apple Inc now huh? Instead of Apple Computer :p