Cleaning Al Powerbooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mashinhead, Mar 13, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    I just got my first AL Powerbook, a 17 incher. I went with the bigger screen after seeing the Keynote @ MWSF recently, cos i figure when tiger comes out, the widgets in Dashboard will be much bette on a bigger screen. Anyway besides the point. I wanted to know what other PB users, use/recommend to clean their PBs.

sorry this was supposed to be in general tech and discussion
  2. macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    I like iKlear, cleans it up nicely and polishes too.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jan 4, 2004
    South Eastern MA
    I go over mine every day with a damp rag. It helps to get fingerprints kida, and it gets the dust off of the screen. I'll probably get some kind of cleaner eventually, but aa damp rag keeps it looking nice enough.
  4. macrumors member

Sep 25, 2003
    New Jersey
    I use iKlear also, it works great with my 12inch pb, I dont know if I would trust any cleaner not made for the pb, I dont trust myself picking the right one
  5. macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    Yeah, iKlear is my choice. Get the $25 package which includes a large bottle, micro-fiber cloth and a few travel packets for you laptop case. Here's the link:

I use it on the LCD, keyboard and case. Once a month keeps your PowerBook looking like new.