Cleaning an iBook screen?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by emoin, Feb 20, 2003.

1. emoin macrumors member

What's the best/safest way to clean an iBook screen? I'm paranoid about totally ruining it by trying to dust incorrectly or something.
    Thanks!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Use a Washcloth with warm water or mist water on the screen and wipe off with a towel/paper towel.

Never use specialized cleaner for screens or window cleaner, they will dammage the plastics of the screen and the case.

TEG

3. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i don't know if i would use paper towel, you want to buy a non abrasive clothe, which you can find at any computer store, and they also have cleaners . I know kensington makes both. if you use a more abrasive clothe you can easily develop pixal anomolies on your screen. These screens are more sensitive than you might think!

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Get a screen cleaner. They make them specially for LCD screens. I don't know right off where to look but I believe I have seen them at Circuit City and other electronic stores.

5. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i know that the apple store sells a product called iKlear. personally i have never used it, but from what i hear it works quite well. i just use a damp cloth or paper towel to clean my iMac screen.

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

If you do a search on these forums (there are already long discussions about this), you can find out that the safest bet is to buy a kit, called "Apple polish", made by iKlear (as a previous poster mentioned). It costs about 20 bucks, but lasts over two years, unless you polish your iBook obsessively.

7. senseibiz macrumors regular

I have iklear and use it every week on my ibook and 17 " imac and my ipod. this stuff if great. no streaks, makes your screen look brand new.
    I think its worth it.
    here -----> http://iklear.com/