Cleaning an LCD screen on an ibook....

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AP_piano295, Oct 21, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

So I checked the apple website and they have no specifics on cleaning these screens that I can find. Should I just use a fine cloth and water or would windex be good.

And for future reference are there any scratch removers for the ibook?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

There is something you can go buy on radtech.com i believe is the name and that is what i use for my two powerbooks and my 2005FPW. But i need to get some compressed air at some point :/

4. Lau Guest

Do you happen to wear glasses? I find the lens cloths you get with these excellent for this. Now I clean my glasses on my t-shirt. :) I just rub gently, and any persistent sneeze marks and greasy fingerprints I just breathe on, then use the lens cloth. It's always been fine for me, but I await the flaming as I'm told that "lung juice" erodes the screen or something.... :D

5. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

Do any of you guys use those pressurized air cans to clean the keyboard? You know to get nething inside them stuck.

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Once again, search is your friend: apple keyboard cleaning.

7. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope 20/20

8. Lau Guest

Hmm. You have 3 options.

1. Get someone to poke you in the eye, therefore creating the need for glasses, and use the lens cloth given to you when you are fitted for glasses.
    2. Buy a lens cloth.
    3. Wait for some more advice, from someone more practical. ;)