Cleaning iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Chef Medeski, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Ok, so I got a black 5G iPod. Man are these things nice. I told myself I wouldn't use it until I got a case as to not scratch it, well I COULDNT RESIST. So, I finally got around to buying a Clear Film skin, which is coming Tuesday. My question: How should I clean the smudges, microscopic scratches, and ?weired residue? I don't know what is up with this new iPod but it attracts scratches like flies to a light...ohh I crack myself up. So, any suggestions?

2. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

I use a soft, damp cotton cloth (take an old white tee-shirt if need be) and gently rub off any smudges or residue. That works best for me and doesn't necessitate purchasing anything.

As for scratches on an iPod I'm sure you can find dozens of articles concerning that on Google - I personally just live with the ones I have.

3. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Use display polish. There is one brand called Displex that is available in Europe at least. You can also use a metal polish called Brasso which I believe is available in the U.S.

4. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

i've heard something called Applesauce works as well; to be honest i have no idea. i'd like an answer to the question as well:p

5. Chef Medeski thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Applesauce ehhh, I don't have any of that but can I use Cranberry sauce instead?

6. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

I use Iklear, it seems to work well and it wont damage the surface.

7. john159 macrumors regular

applesauce is the name of somethign that will remove the scratches... it is not apple sauce that you would eat... just to clarify that if you didnt already kno, so cranberry sauce would not work man.. ;)

8. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I used brasso on my nano. I don't think I rubbed it long enough, but there was a definite improvement. The problem is my ipod then smelled like brasso for a week.