Cleaning MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cybix, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

I'm sure there's threads on this already, but I'm curious about some products.

At work we have these products from AF. (www.af-net.com) take a look in the products section. In particular "screen-clene", "phone-clene", etc.

I wonder if it's safe to use the Screne-Clene on my MBP matte screen. the site and the packet says it's for CRT and protected surfaces. I dont know about putting this on my MBP, so I havent, yet.

I tested it on my work samsung TFT, and it came up lovely. it's a simular matte screen to my MBP.

I used the 'phone-clene' or 'headset-clene' i think it is, on my MBP keyboard, palm rest and trackpad, and it came up AMAZING. it's like brand new out of the box again, I couldnt believe how much **** was stuck to my machine! it feels really sexy again :)

These guys do loads of products, in sachett, dispenser, spray bottle, etc. and heaps of lint-free cloths and bud solutions...

There's so many products it's almost confusing. they even do camera equipment cleaning, printer, fax, multimedia, hand cleaners, compressed air cans, rah rah.

any thoughts? I reckon it'd be pretty safe to use the screen-clene on my MBP... hrmm

definately something I would like to work on more.. now that I think about it my home projector could do with a clean too :)

cool!

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I only use iKlear/Klear Screen. It is solvent free and has some anti-static properties.

3. Cybix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cybix