Cleaning my new MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WBGIII, Jun 7, 2006.

1. WBGIII macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I just made the switch to Mac- and im loving it. But one question- Ive had my MacBook now for a week, and yellow patches are coming up where I rest my palms on the deck, as well as on the trackpad. I work in biotech and was wearing latex gloves, and i think some of the residue may have gotten on it. That and I love cheetos.
    Is there any sure-fire cleaning solutions that can be used to keep my MacBook nice and white?
    -PseudoyellowBook

2. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

i would of thought the affectionate licking would be enough.:p

3. BigMacUser macrumors member

thats twice I have heard of the problem now...I dont think anyone has found a sure fire way to clean it....

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

To help with the yellowing, maybe you should wash your hands before you use your MacBook every time... I dunno.

You could also put contact paper on the surface.. that's what I did to my PowerBook to prevent the pitting.

But I stand by iKlear. It cleans real good. I got a bottle of it for $10 from fry's and a shammy from the dollar store.

5. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

I second the iKlear and also got it from the same place. :p I use iKlear on my iBook and it works wonders.

6. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

I've used toothpaste and a toothbrush a few times on my iBook and it comes out very nicely...and I hear those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are great for anything but I haven't tried one yet on my iBook. Just be careful around the track pad.

Brian