Cleaning my new MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WBGIII, Jun 7, 2006.

1. WBGIII macrumors newbie

Jun 7, 2006
    I just made the switch to Mac- and im loving it. But one question- Ive had my MacBook now for a week, and yellow patches are coming up where I rest my palms on the deck, as well as on the trackpad. I work in biotech and was wearing latex gloves, and i think some of the residue may have gotten on it. That and I love cheetos.
    Is there any sure-fire cleaning solutions that can be used to keep my MacBook nice and white?
  2. beatle888 macrumors 68000

Feb 3, 2002
    i would of thought the affectionate licking would be enough.:p
  3. BigMacUser macrumors member

May 26, 2006
    thats twice I have heard of the problem now...I dont think anyone has found a sure fire way to clean it....
  4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    To help with the yellowing, maybe you should wash your hands before you use your MacBook every time... I dunno.

You could also put contact paper on the surface.. that's what I did to my PowerBook to prevent the pitting.

But I stand by iKlear. It cleans real good. I got a bottle of it for $10 from fry's and a shammy from the dollar store.
  5. interlaced macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2005
    I second the iKlear and also got it from the same place. :p I use iKlear on my iBook and it works wonders.
  6. briansolomon macrumors 6502

Apr 1, 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I've used toothpaste and a toothbrush a few times on my iBook and it comes out very nicely...and I hear those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are great for anything but I haven't tried one yet on my iBook. Just be careful around the track pad.