Cleaning new iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by gadgetgirl85, Sep 18, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I have one of the new nanos. I'm just wondering what sort of cleaner could you use to clean the aluminum?

2. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Mr. Clean magic eraser. Just make sure its not too damp. I love those things cause i swear, they can clean anything. They do wonders on my iBook.

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

The magic eraser scares me a little.. I'd just go for a nice microfiber cloth and a spray of iKlear.

Failing that, spit and the hem of the shirt you're wearing at the time. :) :p

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Would warm water do the trick? Iklear is so expensive out here. I have some cleaner for LCD screens I got from officeworks and windex as well. Would any of those methods work?

5. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

AHH warm water? are you nuts? lol. maybe a tiny bit on a micro-fiber cloth, but don't think of trying to "gently splash" a bit of water on there. Oh and definatley not windex. If you read the online "how-to" cleaning guides on apple.com, i think it specifically says not to use that stuff. At least on iBooks. The magic eraser is really gentle on stuff. I use it on my iBook all the time and it makes it look brand new.

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Nah I wasnt thinking about a heap of hot water just a little dab :D I could always use spit but was thinking water might be better