Cleaning PB

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JzzTrump22, Aug 23, 2004.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

My PB is dirty and i want to know a safe way to clean it. Like it has dirt streaks around the palm area. Is a wet tissue safe to use on it? Then dry it down with a dry tissue after?

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

as long as you try your best not to get any wetness into the keyboard, it should be fine

3. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, i was just wondering because i didn't know if water would have an effect on the aluminum. I was afraid of corrosion or something.

4. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

nah, it should be alright. my dad just uses a small slightly "corner damp" cloth to clean those areas, and everything is fine.

5. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

I would use a slightly damp cotton (and of course clean) cloth and rub it well over the Powerbook, immediately followed by a dry one so that the moisture doesn't stay on (although I doubt rust is a problem, except for maybe on screws).

iKlear also works very well for the case, and this is the only stuff I would ever consider using on the screen.

I myself have a Powerbook ti and this is the cleaning method that I use.

Hope this helps.

6. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I was also just curious, I though I heard a problem about PowerBook/iBook owners complaining about oils and greases (from their hands) on the keyboard getting onto the screen. Is that any kind of problem, or just some stupid thing that I picked up?

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think common sense will help you find appropriate things to clean it with.

Hell, I've used spit and my shirt several times when I was desperate due to some grease, and it got cleaner. Just use a cloth and water, maybe some soap of some sort, like dish soap.