Cleaning Screen, Keyboard, and Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sobering, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Sobering macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2006
    Hello fellas. I'm just wondering how I can clean;

My keyboard - get all the dust and stuff out of all those deep cracks and just overall clean it

My mouse - clean out that scrollball cause' I read that after awhile the scrollball stops working good until you clean it out.

My screen - theres some fingerprints and what not from my little cousin on my iMac screen (his slobbery fingerprints to be exact) and I notice the screen on a Mac is made out of something different than most monitors, what can I used to clean this?

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    You can clean your screen, and you can do a superficial cleaning of your keyboard and the exterior of your mouse, with iKlear.

You can get it from the linked website or from your "local" Apple store. I'm sure other retailers stock it, too.
  3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    for the screen, if you have some lens/glasses cleaner, that should work just fine (it does for me) or you could use a combination of rubbing alcohol and water, both basically the same thing.
  4. Sobering thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2006
    If I took a lightly damped cloth and gave it a little mist of Windex would that work for the screen?
  5. tvguru macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    Kenora, ON Canada
    Windex has ammonia (I think that's it) in it. It's not recommended for tint in a car so I wouldn't trust it on my screen.