Cleaning the Screen?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Macmaniac, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

What is the best way to get unwanted dust and smudges off of a computer screen?

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i don't know about the best way, but i just did what the manual said. the manual (for the TiBooks) says to use a lint free cloth that is damp. it also says to shut down the computer before doind anything. another thing not to do is spary anything directly onto the screen.

i've got most of the marks off my screen using just a damp cloth, but i had to use a bit of preassure. i'm not sure how hard you're supposed to press on the screen, but my screen still looks normal.:D

anyone know of other methods of cleaning really greasy stuff off the screen?:confused:

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Some people use the wipes sold at computer stores that are formulated for LCD screens. Personally, I use a very clean, soft, cotton, polishing cloth and glasses cleaner (from lenscrafters, NOT windex :eek: ). The cloths are yellow, so you can easily tell which they are, as well as toss them down during a football game. :D :p Got to love f*cking with jock's pebble-brains. :D

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

of course! use a LCD cleaner to clean LCD screens!! :p