cleaning trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chosenwolf, Feb 20, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

what is the best method of cleaning my trackpad? It's got a pen stain on it =/

Is alcohol safe?

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

i got pen on mine, I simply used hot water on a cloth and just kept light pressure on it (only damp mind you) and whenever the cloth coools, make it warm-hot again. This should remove the majority of it. What was left of it for me simply faded away after a few days.

3. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

I'll try that when I get home. I cleaned most of it out with saliva, heh.

4. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Don't use alcohol. Use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It is the best thing ever for cleaning the wrist rests and trackpad. My sister started crying because she accidentally got pen ink all over the trackpad and she thought I would kill her. I just used the eraser and it ALL came off in about 30 seconds. ;)

5. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

MR. CLEAN! I ran to Target @ 9:30 pm tonight after my class and got one. I've used the stuff before on other things. WORKED LIKE A CHARM! I've had some water left over that I quickly wiped when I damped the trackpad with the Mr. Clean pad. The trackpad works perfect so I assume no water leaked in. I won't wake up tommorow to find a non-functional trackpad right?

Dunno why I'm so meticulous with this laptop. I can't believe I actually waxed the front of my iBook today. Oh well, it looked nice and slick after! =D