Cleaning white Pro keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cleo, May 23, 2002.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2002
    Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
    Well... after three months of use, my white Pro keyboard is starting to get gunky with eyelashes (I freaking must lose twenty a day... don't know what's up with that), pizza and cookie bits, etc. Especially underneath the plastic just above the arrow controls. Anyway, what's the best way to clean it? I've just been popping keys off to get underneath them... is that bad? And how do I clean under the clear plastic parts?
  2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    A good can of compressed air will do the trick. You might want to put the keyboard on it's side before you start spraying it with the air. If you want to clean off the gunk from the top of the keys, I would suggest using paper towels and windex. Spray the windex onto the paper towel and then wipe the keys. I do that process when I need to clean a keyboard. Most of the time, all you need to do is use the canned air, but sometimes you need to go the extra step with windex.
  3. BeerDrinker29 macrumors regular

Jan 23, 2002
    Just use your hoover

I have a really powerful vacuum and just use that. After I Vacuum the keyboard it looks great.

Danger: Don't do this on your laptop keyboard.. I had a few of my keys sucked right off and I had to dig though the bag for half an hour to find them :)
  4. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    Re: Just use your hoover

your lucky you got em back
    I use a dustbuster one mine ...that one of those little carry vaccum cleaner things
    it does the trick