Cleaning Your Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chasinreveries, Oct 18, 2006.

1. chasinreveries macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2006
    I take my mac to school and back constantly. It gets pretty dirty when I'm sitting outside with it.

How do you guys clean your computers (if you do)??????

I have a neoprene sleeve that i use to protect it from scratches, but my keyboard is already getting kind of dirty, my space bar squeaks a little bit every once and a while and my screen is dusty as hell with some fingerprints scattered.
  2. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2003
    you wish
    To clean my trusted PowerBook G4 I solely use a damp cloth with a tiny bit of soap. I´ve been doing it for years and see no negative results from it. The screen I clean with a damp soft tissue, again with soap. After soap treatment I finish off with damp and dry tissues.

The keyboard I wash with vodka after a good hoovering with a narrow nozzle. Narrow nozzle is important, as I´ve experienced sucking off a few keys using normal hole nozzle. The keys are buggers to find in the dust container. I suppose decreasing suction or even using a coarse mesh in front of the nozzle would prevent this from happening.
  3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2005
    You can get something like iKlear at any computer store (or Radio Shack) to clean the screen. Some people like Mr. Clean Magic Eraser but I've never used it. Scratches are just part of life.