cleaning

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RoloTomasi, Aug 31, 2005.

1. RoloTomasi macrumors newbie

what is good to use to clean the outside of a powerbook? regular cleaner? alcohol? damp cloth?

and does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how to clean out under the keys? i have the older edition powerbook with the dark grey keys, not the metallic ones and it looks all filthy under there...

thanks!

2. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

From my manual:

Cleaning Your PowerBook
    Follow these general rules when cleaning the outside of your computer and its components:
    • Shut down your PowerBook and remove the battery.
    • Use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Do not spray liquid directly on the computer.
    • Don’t use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.

Cleaning Your PowerBook Display
    To clean your PowerBook screen, do the following:
    • Shut down your PowerBook and remove the battery.
    • Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.

I tend to use iKlear cleaner/polish which works pretty well.

Cleaning under the keys? :confused: I'd be curious to hear answers on that one too.

3. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I don't have that problem with my PB since I invested in an iskin... :) but I do clean out the keys of my PC's keyboard with a mini-vacuum that I invested in. Seems to do decently enough.

4. lordj4000 macrumors member

I usually wipe my powerbook down with a half and half mixture of water and rubbing alcohol. Works very well and it doesn't leave streaks on the screen.

5. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher