Clear CD Information Stored in System??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thundercutter, Mar 24, 2007.

1. thundercutter macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Whenever I put a CD in for the first time (usually an audio CD) it will recognise it the first time I put it in. I was wondering if there is any information stored on the system about any CD's I put in, and if so if there is a way of clearing this information.

I had my system auto open iTunes whenever an audio CD was inserted, but now that it is turned off, the CD's I placed in before turning it off still have the info attatched..

Does this make sense, if not I will try to re-word

Thanks

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I understand what you mean, but why would you want to clear it? :confused:

If you're trying to save space or something, that kind of information isn't going to clear up much room at all.

3. thundercutter thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply..

It's not to clear space, I am trying to use a Playstation emulator, which wouldn't work when I had audio CD's opening in iTunes. Now only disks that I didn't insert before will work. The others, the audio content now shows as a second CD. If I could clear the memory, then I could play these games..

Just hope I can do it..:)

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

5. thundercutter thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Thanks for the info, thats what I wanted to know.. :)

Turns out though that was not the issue, I had to use Terminal to unmount the audio CD so that my app could read the other cd with the games content. Bit of a pain, as It will not then eject without using disk utility.. Anyway, at least I got things sorted. Thanks for help :)

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Did you get the Playstation Emulator working incidentally? I wouldn't mind having a go at it myself, I have a load of old playstation games lying around which would be cool to play on my mac if possible.

8. thundercutter thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I did, I have to terminal to eject the audio disk which is mounted then open the emulator and it works great..... only problem is i have to the eject the disk (which does nothing) and then use disk utility to physically eject the disk.

Games work great though :)