clear history in Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Is there a way to clear the history out in Firefox like you can do is Safari??

Frank

2. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

No. Bwahahahahahhaha. Mozilla wants all your dirty secrets out. :p Ok, really, go to preferences, privacy, and you will see history and a clear button.

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

With my old PC, if I let this stuff get out of hand, my computer soon crashed. I didn't know if the same held true with the Mac.
    Thanks.
    Frank

4. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

5. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

LOL! Harsh but fair :)

6. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

How quickly we judge without facts. I'm surprised and disappointed at you folks.

Frank

7. bubbamac macrumors 6502

Don't sweat the slam. I'm sure no harm was meant.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Awww, they're just having a little fun. ;)

BTW, I haven't seen that either Safari or FF on the Mac (or FF on the PC) get unstable as a result of a large cache. I think the issues with IE may have something to do with all the adware and all that kind of stuff. I only clear out my cache for security / privacy reasons, and not terribly often.

And also FWIW, if you've used IE on a PC, you shouldn't have had that much trouble finding the clear cache option in FF, since it's almost in exactly the same place. ;)

9. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Actually, the problem I have is that when I used my PC, I used Hotmail almost exclusively. About once per quarter, it would shut down on me. Just couldn't get to it. I e-mailed Microsoft and received a reply that had me clean out everything in sight of MSIE. It worked, but it really became a pain to do it. I was always waiting for the problem to resurface. I still have some ties to it, but now use .Mac mail as much as possible. With .mac, some of my e-mails get automatically "junked" until my recipients know I'm using it. Go figure.

Frank

10. ILYmusic8 macrumors newbie

ILYmusic8

IDK is if this is what ur talking bout but...

u go to history on top then u click show all history and u can click today yesterday 7 days or all and then u just press delete on all of them:eek:

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This thread is from 2005. And yes, the answer was obvious in 2005. For the love of god, why? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.