Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt-

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
I've downloaded so many free apps, free books, etc. which I hate seeing on my account. In particular recently played radio stations (why can't I clear this? :mad:)

So, I want to clear (not hide) my entire history from all the store services on my Apple ID. Has anyone done this before? I've had no luck finding a solution online.

I have considered deleting the iCloud account entirely and starting over but I'm fond of my @me email :(

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I've downloaded so many free apps, free books, etc. which I hate seeing on my account. In particular recently played radio stations (why can't I clear this? :mad:)

So, I want to clear (not hide) my entire history from all the store services on my Apple ID. Has anyone done this before? I've had no luck finding a solution online.

I have considered deleting the iCloud account entirely and starting over but I'm fond of my @me email :(

It is not possible to delete "purchased" items. You can only hide them.

I strongly recommend you not delete your AppleID. You will lose everything you've purchased, unless you have it backed up locally, and will not be able to recover it. Plus any DRM'd mEDIA will be unusable if you delete the AppleID.

Matt-

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
It is not possible to delete "purchased" items. You can only hide them.

I strongly recommend you not delete your AppleID. You will lose everything you've purchased, unless you have it backed up locally, and will not be able to recover it. Plus any DRM'd mEDIA will be unusable if you delete the AppleID.

That's frustrating but thank you for your answer!

AGX

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
But it's possible to delete an Apple ID or an iCloud mail address asking this to Apple?

Matt-

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
But it's possible to delete an Apple ID or an iCloud mail address asking this to Apple?

Yes it's possible but your associated @icloud.com email is also deleted and you need to call Apple to have it deleted (This is the information I've been given at least)

AGX

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
But if unusued an appleid will be not deleted after some year?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
let me jump in too..

I doubt Apple ID's are ever deleted, even on request..

Its the only reason of Apple saying "just sign up with a new AppleID, or change it"

As far as i'm aware, u can remove Apple ID linked from computers, devices, but that is not the same as deleting it permanently from Apple's servers... As, as for marketing... well..its great for marketing purposes "Look how many users have now using AppleID's"

Your best bet is just hiding app etc u don't wanna view.

In this day and age we've gone from deleting stuff to "we'll just hide stuff just from the customer as an only option just in case they need it again. Even if they are sure, [we] don't think they are"

Control. Its all about control

Last edited:

hauntvictim

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
Orange County, CA
Oddly enough, I am in the reverse situation. So I know it IS possible. I delted my itunes library from itunes. Deleted my iTunes.itl and iTunes.xml. Further, I deleted the physical mp3 and .app residing in the perspective folders, turned off iCloud Music and signed out. I did this to recreate my library however my back up hard drive crashed and I have no puchase history, so make sure this is what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.