Clear TPU Hard Case from eBay for $10...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cyroceon, Apr 27, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Cyroceon

I boughtthis from a seller in Brooklyn. The shipping was ultra fast and I received the product today. Below are some pictures of important areas. My comments about the case in my first day's worth of use are as follows.

First, I think that the case is very well made, obviously not as polished as a $50 Belkin, but feels just like TPU is supposed to feel. It doesn't have any smell or any off-putting odor of any kind. Second, the case feels good to hold, and is a snug fit on the iPad. Third, the iPad's face is protected from direct impact on a flat surface due to the beveling of the edge that protrudes just enough on the sides. Lastly, it was $13. All in all, it kicks the **** out of the Belkin in my book. Buy it and don't look back.

Below are the pictures that I took of the case by itself, and the case with the iPad in it. Makes the iPad look so slick, but feel so nice and rugged. By the way, all of the ports are cut out perfectly and the buttons offer a raised surface to accomodate their position and maintain their functionality.

EDIT: Changed link to new listing and adjusted price to current asking price. (Sidenote: this case at $13 , is still amazing because that's less than 30% of the price of Belkin's, but very similar quality, without the ugly branding.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macrumors regular

unkn0wnsoldier

Looks pretty nice. I'm going to get one. For 10 bucks, how could I go wrong?

3. macrumors member

As someone who got the Belkin Grip Vue - I'd say good find!

4. macrumors member

Sweet! I just got a macally bookstand but I was toying with the idea of getting a case like this as well for around the house. But I could buy another expensive case right away.

For ten bucks I'm ecstatic. I got the smoke one instead of clear. I'll post up pics when it comes in.

Thanks for the heads up!

5. macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

Nice, thanks for the review and pics, off to order one thanks.

6. macrumors newbie

Ohhh what to do, what to do?
    I bought the Belkin one and opened it already so I would lose 10% on the restocking fee. So I'd probably be saving about 35 bucks if I brought the belkin back, but then I'd have to deal with the mall to go the apple store. I wish I saw this one before. Decisions decisions...

7. macrumors 68000

fishmd

There is no restock fee for cases from Apple store if you are within the 14 day period. Just go and take it back as long as you have all the packaging, you are good to go.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyroceon

Glad to help anyone I could with this fantastic deal.

9. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Love you! Also within the 14 days with the Grip Vue and very on the fence. If there is no restocking I might as well take it back in if I still feel so on the fence.

10. macrumors regular

Just ordered myself one to be delivered to UK. £15 delivered seems fair to me!

Great find OP. The only ones I could find all had a circular cut-out for the Apple logo on the back which means it would get scratched so they would be useless to me!

11. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Strange, I don't know why they would think that would be an enticing feature. Especially if it is a clear case!

12. macrumors regular

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyroceon

When I saw the ones with the cut out I laughed because that is the MOST important part of the back that I want covered from scratches. So when I came across this one, without the cutout, I was very excited and was just praying that it would fit properly. When it arrived and I tried it, it fit exquisitely and I couldn't be happier.

14. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Ordered. Gonna take my Belkin back in later. Great product, but paying $50 for a case, especially such a simple one, just bothers me to my core.

15. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I ordered one and should get it in time for my 3g hopefully. I'll return the belkin to apple, I can't see the difference being worth 45 dollars.

16. macrumors regular

Just bought one, I've been debating on the Belkin and based on your pictures, this one looks pretty damn close in quality...and for $9.75!!!

OP, I owe you a beer

17. thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyroceon

Beer or Starbucks, either way, enjoy your new case. It is awesome. The seller also sells a smoke version, which seems really nice.

18. macrumors 6502

Ikyo

Looks like a great case....now if they only had different colors available.

19. thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyroceon

I will be receiving the smoked version of this case and several iPads socks that I will also review, with pictures, shortly after receiving them.

20. macrumors 6502a

This seller has the 'Make an offer' deal, so I did, and saved $5 on 2.
    wish I'd seen the smoke tho, woulda got one of each.

21. macrumors 6502

They accepted my offer of $9 for one. Should have tried $8 but 9 is more than fair if the quality & fit is decent.

22. macrumors 6502a

i'm stupid for not ordering one clear and one smoke. but i did order a clear one. hopefully it gets here soon.

if this works out, i'll have the $5 kensington neoprene sleeve and this. a perfect transport setup for 15 bucks!

23. macrumors 6502

Yep, I will have the same combo (Kensington neoprene & eBay TPU) and hope it works out.

24. macrumors 6502

They accepted my offer of $8 ;)

25. macrumors 6502

$7 anyone? If I like it enough, I may get another -particularly if I can get it for less. Good to see it's possible to protect our iPads without getting gouged.