clearing your internet history, cookies and crap!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fotomike, Jan 25, 2007.

1. fotomike macrumors newbie

I just got my iMac 24, How do you clear you internet history, clean out the cookies and delete internet files. where do you go to do this. In windows (boo hiss) you would do this in internet options.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

In Safari: Safari Menu --> Reset Safari.

3. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

In addition, if you'd like, you can block site's cookies etc from being stored, and the sites showing up in your history, as you visit them by going to Safari--> Private Browsing. You can then disable it by click on it again and resume normal operations.

4. RMD68 macrumors 6502

If you're using Firefox instead of Safari you can clear all those things by going to to preferences (command ,) in Firefox and when the window pops up you go to the privacy tab. When your at that tab go down to the bottom and click the button that says clear now. A message will come up and ask you how much you want to clear and select what you would like to get rid of.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Also, if you are on a relatively recent version of Firefox, you can just do:

Tools -> Clear Private Data

:)

6. amd4me macrumors 6502

IS there a program that will clean up your computer?
    Sort of like CCleaner for windows?

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you mean going through and deleting files from inside caches... there doesn't really seem to be a lot of evidence that this accomplishes anything, but....Onyx seems to be the most popular app for this.