Clicking the scroll wheel in safari or firefox...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by spaceballl, Dec 14, 2004.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

How do I make it so when I click the scroll wheel on my mouse, it turns into the scrolling function that happens with Windows PCs? Ya know what i'm tlaking about? where I click the wheel, the mouse turns into a little ball, and then scrolls based on how far up or below the ball i move the mouse. Let me know if there's a way!
    -Kevin

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I don't think there is a way to do that in Safari, but I'd bet you could find a FireFox extension for it.

3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I hate that stupid thing. I just learned in Safari if you click it, it opens the link in a new tab. :eek:

4. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

It is DEFINITELY annoying in Safari... that's why we must change it!

5. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

It works in Safari, but it doesn't show the altered cursor like on a PC.

6. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

God!! I love that feature. Do you not use tabs or something?!? Right now I have 14 tabs open,

7. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Haha I totally use tabs... And I guess it would be useful if I expected it to do that. Just because I come from a windows world, it is so natural for me to control click the tabs or right click and then click open in new tab. I'd rather have the middle button for scrolling. (I have 6 tabs open right now... not quite as many as you :))
    -Kevin

8. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

No, no. Tabs are great! Its the scrolling thing I dislike, it huts my eyes and I can't stop myself.

9. Riot_Mac macrumors regular

i love the fact that the scroll wheel opens a link in a new windown when clicked. It blew my mind when i finally figured that out. I love tabs!

10. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I really miss using the scroll wheel click to open in new tabs.....I have mine set for Expose (all windows) so it overrides it. Have to press the apple key now to do it, which isn't as convenient.....still, I love Expose so I can't really complain. :)