Clicky PB hinge

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by josepho, Jun 17, 2004.

1. josepho macrumors regular

I've had my Rev C 12" PB since just after they appeared. Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that the when I'm opening and closing (though opening is far worse) that it's almost sticking... and so when I move it it kinda clicks. Basically it seems to me that it just needs some lubricant (WD40?), but I don't want to do anything to upset the careful balance within the sacred PB.

It definitely doesn't seem that anything is actually clicking, as it doesn't happen in any particular position, just whenever I'm opening it up.

Is it safe for me to apply something to keep it opening smoothly?

Thanks guys :)

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Mine used to do that as well when i first got it. Over time it has loosened up considerably and rarely does it anymore. Maybe just give it some time.

3. josepho thread starter macrumors regular

Cool... I'll maybe just do that.

Thing is, it didn't do it at first... kinda developed. However, I find that often little problems with technological things develop and then un-develop all of their own accord... little creaks and noises which you notice for a while but then which just disappear without you noticing anything.

Hopefully this'll just be the same!

4. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

mine does this same thing, worries me everytime i hear it b/c it almost sounds like im breaking it... :eek: oh well, maybe it needs to be broken in i guess