Clinton Defends Bush's push for war

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Stelliform, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Link

Clinton added a few shots at Bush also in the interview, but what else could you expect from a leader in the opposing party.

2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

3. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

4. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I don't blindly support anyone. Clinton included.

From what I saw on 2 different news shows regarding Clinton's book I have come to this conclusion. Clinton has, probably through therapy, become very introspective. He realize that little in life is black and white and he understands *why* Bush went to Iraq. Part of good therapy is moving beyond black and white statements of right wrong and delving into understanding the *why.*

For example, Everyonce in a while I cut all my hair off. It is a bad idea, my hair doesn't do well short. It wasn't until I understood *why* I had the urge to cut it off that I could stop doing it. The reason? Stress. When everything in my life felt out of control I had a strong urge to take control. One of the few ways I could do that was by changing my hair dramatically. I would always regret it. When I finally tried to understand why I did it, I was able to resist the urge. I knew that the feeling was the need to have control over *something* and I learned the feeling would pass. So I no longer chop off my hair when I'm stressed out.

Clinton is trying to understand *why* Bush went into war: he was stressed and the only way he knew how to deal with it was to go and kill people.

In a way the war in Iraq is a wagging the dog on 9/11. He has people so focused on the war (in support or against) that they have pretty much ignored the fact that he majorly screwed up when he let 9/11 happen by not listening to Clinton's repeated warnings about Al Qaeda.