Clinton Takes On Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 22, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

chris wallace is a monkey, shameless monkey, karl rove's pimp

3. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Wallace sounds like a smug bastard even in the transcript. I'm going to watch it on Sunday, and it is going to piss me off.

4. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

I love how he uses laughter to dismiss clintons arguments instead of actually responding.... :rolleyes:

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I was going to post this in response to Sushi and ferretboy in a couple of other threads, but I doubt they'd care. 9/11 is somehow all Clinton's fault, and the fact that we're losing in Iraq while Bin Laden runs free is completely lost on those same people. Not saying Clinton is perfect (I hate having to add that clarifier, especially when I'm just going to get called a liberal wacko anyway) but I'm amazed that people seem to forget it was the partisan hacks on the other side trying to bring him down that stopped him from doing what should have been done while Bush all but ignores him after the fact while making things worse everywhere else.

People believe what they want to believe, and despite how poorly Bush has done with, well... everything, still defend him no matter what.

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Good for Bill. The article says it will air on Sunday, but I don't see mention of time or name of program? (Sorry, I don't normally watch FOX). I think I'd like to see how this shakes out.

Off topic (but sorta on) Did anyone see Amanpour's series on Tracing Footsteps of OBL?

It sure would be nice to see some kind of a revival to keep these questions knocking on every door in Washington. Where is OBL? Why don't you know? Why don't you go get him?

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Whoo hoo. Sounds like Clinton refused to be cowed by those smug bastards at Fox. Good for him!

As for Chris Wallace...remember a couple of years back when he publicly criticized his own father, Mike Wallace, for his liberal views?

Chris Wallace is an ass.

8. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

I think you (or at least I) might actually enjoy it. Clinton clearly bested that thick-headed fool, and that'll be fun to watch...

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The republicans are still trying to blame everything on Clinton even after 6 years of Bush & gang. When Bush went into office he took big steps to get rid of any project that had Clintons name on it including getting Bin Laden. So here we are with the news and republicans that control the news trying to spin the blame away from the administration who has been in charge. Fox news isnt unbias not even close, they are a propaganda tool for the republican party selling fear yet not going after the ones who ignored Bin Laden after Clinton left office. How many shameful things must this current party that runs our country be allowed to do before we wake up and see through the spin? News should be unbias, Fox news isnt even close.

10. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Huh. Check out how one conservative website is already framing it:

(You have only to check out the ads on this website to see where these guys are apparently coming from.)

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Good for Bill. Too bad other Democrats don't feel free to take swings like that at FOXNews reporters.

13. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yeah, this is how right-wingers are: they always commenting people's "manner" than the "real material of the case". don't blame them, since they were all educated to be superficial and stupid by their republican family traditions.

14. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

15. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

This one was my personal favorite :)

[​IMG]

16. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I wish Bill would have gone further and disclosed more about the Bush administration's complete failure to concentrate on going after OBL
    rather than using lies and deception to pad the pockets of his favorite
    no bid contractors going to Iraq.

In less than 2 months we'll see just how ugly this power struggle can get.

If the neo-cons fail to hold their majority in Congress, we're going to see
    Articles of Impeachment and full depth investigations of ALL this blatant
    corruption.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz belong in prison.

17. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I am going to enjoy it yeah, but it's also going to make me angry because it reminds me that people are so blind and accepting of this administration when they have failed at everything.

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dont be so sure of democratic victories, People still remember 80s & 90s when the democrats ran congress and republicans have much more $$$ to spend on commercials. Democrats earned their alienation of the American worker/voter just as Republicans are earning it now. Neither party really represents everyday working Americans and both are bought and paid for by the corporations who seem to be running our govt. I dont see much changing except the rhetoric.

19. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

People need to see through the fog of deception and realize that this administration is circling their wagons to avoid criminal prosecution.

How many times have you heard recent speeches by these administration officials overwhelmed with the use of the terms "legal" and "within the law".

They have stacked the courts and stacked Congress to protect themselves.

It's time to tear down the wall.

We are witnessing the very definition of treason.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Because you might've been looking the other way when that mushroom cloud went up. :rolleyes:

21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Yeah, Jack Bauer!

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My feeling at this point is that on Nov. 8th the Democrats will have made some gains in both houses, but will have control of neither, and the GOP machine will roll on unimpeded for another two years.

I've seen little to make me think that anything beyond this is possible. Yeah, the polls show that the situation is ripe for the Democrats to take advantage of, but if we can count on death and taxes, we can also count on the Ds to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory every time. I hope I'm wrong...

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They should. I'd rather see them get attacked for stuff like this than being weak, do-nothings. Which is what they are. But of course, damned if you do, damned if you don't. If he had just taken it, it'd be seen as a weakness ala Kerry. Even though it's pretty much the opposite as he is more than willing to fight to clear his name after the newest attempt to smear him, even while refusing to attack GW. Even though it's quite obvious he wants to criticize him more than he is. Believe it or not, Clinton's actually taking the moral high ground. :eek: Seriously. Shocking to me too. O'Reily tried to do this too a few years ago to Franken, saying he lost it and was yelling and screaming over nothing. Anyone who actually saw the incident knew that wasn't anywhere close to the truth, but welcome to FOX news. Partisan hackery is bad enough, but flat out lying is just reprehensible for a "news" organization.

Like there aren't enough real things to criticize Clinton on. :D

Edit: And I'm almost hoping the Dems do lose in Nov. Or at least don't make as much headroom as they should. Then no matter how little they do, they'll be able to just walk right into power in '08. You know things are just going to get worse and worse until people are so sick of it they'll vote for the other guy just because he says he's not like Bush. Look at how close the Dems got last time, and that was with Kerry before people really hated the Repugs. Bush is already poison. By '08, he'll be nuclear.

Though I'm hoping that's metaphoric only.

24. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

These congressional elections are probably the most important I can remember in my lifetime.

I have never seen more people struggling just to make ends meet.

The old guard in both parties has failed every test of their responsibility to the citizens they supposedly represent.

What used to be local elections about local issues has now become a battle for
    ethical representation in Congress on national and state issues.

I have never seen more calls to remove incumbents from office in both parties.

Here in Virginia, JIm Webb stands a very good chance of a major upset against
    George ( Bush Wannabe ) Allen.

If the Democrats do in fact regain control of Congress, I sincerely doubt Bush
    will survive the rest of his term in office.

Without a strong Republican majority, there will be investigations and the truth
    will come out.

Rumsfeld will be fired, Cheney will fall with Halliburton and Bush will leave
    office in disgrace.

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I hope you're right, just as I would be if the (R)s were switched with (D)s and this was happening. But I doubt it. Even if the Dems win every election and walk away with a huge majority in both houses, I just don't see them doing all of that. They'll hopefully make it a lot harder for what's been happening to continue to happen, so they can make an easier time of winning in '08, but they don't want to piss off the few who still support Bush and his cronies, or something. I don't really know. Maybe they are just spineless.

A majority hate the Bush administration though, so you'd think they'd just go with it and take him down. He's less popular than Clinton when they tried to take him down. One of the main things people hate about the Dems is that they appear weak. Do something for Christ's sake!