Clip Art & Stock Photo Recommendations

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by billyergs, Dec 27, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Can anyone recommend a decent clip art and stock photo package that can be purchased on cd's? I'm not looking for websites with subscriptions but rather a package that can be purchased.

Thanks

2. Moderator emeritus

3. macrumors 68020

Cooknn

4. macrumors 6502

Coheebuzz

5. macrumors newbie

re; stores of base pictures/photos

Eh, why not use google? Sure, you get irrelivant/not-usefull pictures, but you can't beat "a large amount of the internet" for variety :eek:

Results 1 - 20 of about 150,000 for llama.
    Now if only chocolates came with this much range...

6. tag
    macrumors 6502a

tag

Ok while they aren't CDs in a package, they aren't subscription based either... I ran into it last month or so, its a list of about 70 or so sites offering free stock photography. Pretty interesting, gave me alot of photoshop fodder to play with.. Anyways heres the list... http://pstutorialsblog.com/?p=44

7. macrumors member

Sam/B

8. macrumors regular

I also recommend istockphoto. I love it, although they are raising there prices at the end of this month.
    As for the person who suggested google. Those images are not royalty free!!! You can just pull anyimage from the internet and use it!!!!!!

9. macrumors newbie

dA stockart

Hmm, aren't you allowed to use those images (from google) if the images are just for non-comercial / personal use? Good point though, I didn't think about that.

Oh, also, I sometimes use stock photos from here;
    http://stockart.deviantart.com/
    but generally I find the methods of browsing cumbersome - especially since you can only look (the long way) through various categories if you don't want to fork out money.

If you give them shiney round pieces of metal, they'll let you search, but I like my shiney round pieces of metal too much :(

10. macrumors newbie

"clip art"

I am new to Mac....In word etc I could just open "clip art" and had lots of free choices via word/microsoft...any such thing on iMac????
    Thanks