Clipping paths

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zim, Nov 18, 2004.

1. zim macrumors 65816

zim

I am creating clipping paths for some images to be used in a book. I have decided to create the clipping paths in photoshop (files will be used in inDesign). I read a book that suggested using an alpha channel instead, saying it was easier... can anyone verify that? I have used clipping paths before but because I am going to be detached from the final proofing of this project, I am being a bit cautious... my questioning is this, if my images have about 100 or so, maybe a little more, points and a majority of the lines range from straight to a slight curve, the images are of artwork that has been cut from a canvus so no 100% straight lines, would a flatness of 3 be okay?

Thanks

2. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Alpha channels are much easier AND you can have anti-aliased edges, as well as semi-transparency if you'd like. Add to that not having to deal with points or flatness settings.

DO IT!!!

3. Mickel Clark macrumors newbie

Mickel Clark

Alpha Channel is a Raster Masking primarily in Adobe Photoshop that requires Photoshop Masking techniques with RGB, CMYK, and various other Custom Channels. Channel Masking is the best way to accomplish silhouette/clipping path for sophisticated images.