iPad Cloaning Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CampDavid, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hey, I've got a bit of an issue and could use a little help, with regard to our "coffee table" iPads

We have a bunch of them (around 10) which sit around our reception for our clients to play with while they're waiting (read the Times, surf the net, etc) however, we'd like to put our company brochures and info on there. Currently this means that I have to update each one at a time, a bit of a hassle as I'm based a couple of buildings away.

Is there a way of me cloaning an iPad through iCloud so all of them update when I update one of them? Also, is it possible to get PDF documents to appear as icons on the main screen?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

2. macrumors regular

Maybe install dropbox on each ipad and put whatever you want in dropbox and it'll be on the ipad. I know there are blogs out there for people who roll out ipads at schools and they've solved this problem. There is someone out there in the UK with an excellent blog about mass deployment of ipads at schools. I think his last name is Spiers. That is probably a good starting spot.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Cheers Mr Spoony, I'll have a look into that now. Drop box is something I'd like to avoid as it's currently banned company wide so getting it approved for this specific task would be difficult

4. seajay96, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012

macrumors 6502

Do you have a company website that could host the brochures and just put a link on the iPad desktop?

This would allow you to make changes on the server side and without having to update each iPad.

EDIT: I just checked to make sure, but if you can navigate to the pdf in safari, you can put a direct link to it on your home screen.

5. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

My suggestion would also be Internet or intranet ...

And lock the system down with some profiles or parental control to avoid someone install new apps which in a corporate setup might cause conflict with IT guys ...